主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-11-27 18:07:05 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Caroline :telephone interview1,face to face interview5,technical based question7,17,27,37,behaviour questions10,20

Jessica:telephone interview2,face to face interview6,technical based question8,18,28,behaviour questions1,11,21

Lulu:telephone interview3,face to face interview7,technical based question9,19,29,behaviour questions2,12,22

惟凯:telephone interview4,face to face interview8,technical based question10,20,30,behaviour questions3,13,23

Jenny:telephone interview5,technical based question1,11,21,31,behaviour questions4,14,24

Linda:telephone interview6,technical based question2,12,22,32,behaviour questions5,15,25

Chestnut: face to face interview1,technical based question3,13,23,33,behaviour questions6,16

思颖:face to face interview2,technical based question4,14,24,34,behaviour questions7,17

Jenny:face to face interview3,technical based question5,15,25,35,behaviour questions8,18

Micky:face to face interview4,technical based question6,16,26,36,behaviour questions9,19

写points

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2018-11-27 18:44:59 | 只看该作者
face to face interview:
1.Tell me something about yourself
(Warm up question)
technical based question:
3.How do you correct a supplier invoice incorrectly entered?
If the reports of this month hasn't been issued yet, make the adjustments immediatly and make sure the invoices are corrcetly entered.
If the reports of this month has already been issued, then make the adjustments next month.
13.How often do you submit your super payment/PAYG?
For super payment, pay frequency includes monthly and quarterly,and the due dates are the 7th and the 28th of the following month respectively.
For PAYG, pay frequency includes monthly, quaterly and weekly, and the due dates are the 7th, the 28th of the following month, and every Friday respectively.
23.What is control account? Give me some samples
A control account is a summary account in the general ledger.
Samples: Cash, AR, AP, Fixed assets and inventory.
33.What will you do if you paid wrong supplier?
If this happened and there's no invoice issued, apologise and ask the wrong supplier to make refund
If the invoice has been issued,offset the invoice( ask for credit note and refund)
behaviour question:
6.What is your weakness? To what extent do you think it will affect your performance?
(The formula for your answer is easy to follow: First, state your weakness. Second, add additional context and a specific example or story of how this trait has emerged in your professional life.)
Example  “I can be too critical of myself. A pattern I’ve noticed throughout my career is that I often feel I could have done more, even if objectively, I’ve done well. Earlier in my career, this led to burnout and negative self-talk. One solution I’ve implemented over the last three years is to actively pause and celebrate my achievements. Not only has this helped my own self-esteem, it’s helped me genuinely appreciate and recognize my team and other support systems.”
16.Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach.
(Workplace conflicts may happen every now and then and that's okay. The key is handling them correctly and showing the interviewer you can move forward.)
"Once, a co-worker and I disagreed on the way a customer was dealt with. I decided to meet with them one on one to talk and resolve our dispute in a peaceful manner. We both agreed that our goal was to keep the customer happy and came to a compromise that consisted of both of our ideas."
If the improvements were not accepted by managers. follow the rule.

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
板凳
发表于 2018-11-27 22:12:24 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 asakura0320 于 2018-11-28 00:11 编辑

Tel Interview3. Why you are going to leave?
(to be positive, and framethings in a way that shows that you're eager to take on new opportunities andthat the role you’re interviewing for is a better fit for you than your currentor last position)

FTF Interview - Common Qs
7. What is your salary expetation?
(a reasonable salary range )

Tech based Qs
9.  How do you handle the situationthat you do not have sufficient or incomplete information from remittance advices?
Firstly, email to AP to double check whether the infor are all presented in the RA. If yes, then contact to supplier, ask for more infor. If no, then completed infor.

19. Howdo you reconcile your fixed assets GL account with Sub Ledger account?
Record journal entry

29. What is the clearing account?  Such as payroll clearing,cheque clearing, credit card clearing account?
Clearing account is temporary account, for example, if a fixed asset has N severial tax invoices, from the first one to N-1
tax invoices are recorded in FA clearing account.

Behaviour Qs

2. Give me an example from a previous job where you've shown initiative.

12. What motivates you in yourwork?

22. What’s the most innovativenew idea that you have implemented?
Similar Questions:
Tell meabout two improvements you have made in the last six months.
What was the best idea youcame up with at your last job?

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
地板
发表于 2018-11-27 23:49:34 | 只看该作者
How do you effectively communicate/talk yourway through?
6.Salary expectation and notice period?
-not under award rate
-2 weeks
2.How do you do the coding?Asset, expense and prepayment?
Coding by category.
Eg. In MYOB
-Assets 1-0000
                   CurrentAssets1-1000
                            CashOn Hand1-1100
                                     ChequeAccount 1-1110
                                     ElectronicClearing Account 1-1190
                                     TradeDebtors 1-1210
                            WithholdingCredits 1-1950
                                     VoluntaryWithholding Credits 1-1960
                                     ABNWithholding Credits 1-1970
                   OtherAssets 1-2000
                            Prepayments 1-2100
                   FixedAssets 1-3000
                            OfficeEquipment 1-3100
                                     OfficeEquipment at Cost 1-3110
                                     OfficeEquipment Accumulated Depreciation 1-3120
                            ComputerEquipment 1-3200
                            LeaseholdImprovements 1-3300
Coding Expense in same method.
12.  How doyou adjust an incorrect payroll payment (can be either overpayment or
underpayment )?
Eg. MYOB  
overpayment
-If overpaid an employee make anadjustment on next pay
-if paid back the amount, recorda new pay
-Enterthe adjustment as a negative (-) amount in the  Amount columnsof the category that was overpaid.
-zero out all the categories thatnot adjusting.
- The net pay amount should beequal to the overpayment, it is a negative amount.
Underpayment
- make an adjustment on theirnext pay
- if they want the money now,record a new pay .
-Enter the adjustment amount inthe  Amount columns of the category that was underpaid.
- zero out all the not adjusted categories.
Or
Undo the pay     Reverse or delete the pay   re-enter the correct payment amount
22.What are we supposed to do if we have balance sittingin our suspense account?

-If not the right time to deal with it, just leave it.
-Oncemake sure the Debt or Credit account, do the transaction immediately.
32.What will you do if customer overpays you or you overpaysyour supplier?

-If long term customer/ supplier, inform them and adjust on next pay
-If short term, inform them atonce, double check with their accounts, and collect the over amount, adjustaccount in time.
5. How do you effectively communicate/talkyour way through?
-Consider your audience.
-Choose theright medium of communication.
- Engage the audience in discussion
-Ask for honest feedbacks

5#
发表于 2018-11-28 00:14:21 | 只看该作者
课堂作业:Payroll tax reconciliation的注意事项
payroll tax rate 在一年内也许会变化,这时要按变化的时间来分开进行Reconciliation。
E.g.: 2018年7月-2018年12月是rate 1, 2019年1月-2019年6月是rate 2, 即在1月份时payroll tax rate发生了变化,把一年的reconciliation分开为两个时间段:2018年7月-2018年12月按rate 1来reconciliation, 2019年1月-2019年6月是rate 2来reconciliation。两个时间段合起来仍是一年。
Interview question:
Jenny:face to face interview3,technical based question5,15,25,35,behaviour questions8,18
1. face to face interview 3: What do you usually do in your current/last job?
Translation: How does your previous job experience relate to the job I’m looking to fill? In answering this question, you want to show the interviewer that, once giving the position, you’ll be able to achieve success based on your past experience.
Answer:
When answering, focus on you’re the tasks required for the last job that is applicable to the position you’re interviewing for, how your skills apply to both positions (past and present) and how you’ll be able to hit the ground running if given the position you’re interviewing for. Make sure to give examples to back up your claims.
outline:
1. Briefly describe current job position
2. List JOB QUALIFICATIONS
3. Summarize your work achievements
Attention:
1. Focus on results.  Don't just listing your job duties.
2. Customize for the position. Don’t try to memorize a script.
3. Be concise. Don’t try to describe absolutely everything that you do. Nobody wants to hear about TPS reports. Focus on the highlights that this particular interviewer will care about.
2. Technical based question 5: What are the policies and guidelines on AP in your current company?
Focus:
Our journalistic policies are central to our mission.
Material Source:
The manager is responsible for vetting the material and making sure it meets AP guidelines. The manager must know the identity of the source and is obligated, like the reporter, to keep the source's identity confidential. Only after they are assured that the source material has been vetted should editors allow it to be transmitted.
CORRECTIONS/CORRECTIVES:
Staffers must notify supervisory editors as soon as possible of errors or potential errors, whether in their work or that of a colleague. Every effort should be made to contact the staffer and his or her supervisor before a correction is moved.
When we're wrong, we must say so as soon as possible. When we make a correction in the current cycle, we point out the error and its fix in the editor's note. A correction must always be labeled a correction in the editor's note. We do not use euphemisms such as "recasts," "fixes," "clarifies" or "changes" when correcting a factual error.
3. Technical based question 15: What are your largest balance sheet accounts?
Of the various types of items a company owns; accounts receivables, inventory, PP&E and intangibles are generally the four largest accounts in the asset side of a balance sheet.
As a consequence, a strong balance sheet is built on the efficient management of these major asset types and a strong portfolio is built on knowing how to read and analyze financial statements.
4. Technical based question 25: Do you know how to do calculation inside of Pivot Table?

• Select a cell in the pivot table, and on the Excel Ribbon, under the PivotTable Tools tab, click the Options tab (Analyze tab in Excel 2013).
  • In the Calculations group, click Fields, Items, & Sets, and then click Calculated Field.
file:///C:/Users/Jenny/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png

• Type a name for the calculated field, for example, RepBonus.
  • In the Formula box, type =Total * 3%
  • Click Add to save the calculated field and click Close.
file:///C:/Users/Jenny/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png
file:///C:/Users/Jenny/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image005.png

5. Technical based question 35: What are you supposed to do if you processed an invoice against wrong GL code?
GL code = general ledger code
If the A/P invoice hasn’t been paid, you can adjust or reverse the A/P invoice. If you are only changing the G/L distribution account on the invoice: Enter 0.00 as the adjustment amount. To "delete" or "adjust out" or "zero out" an invoice: Enter the balance of the invoice as a negative amount. On the Lines tab: For G/L Account, enter the original incorrect General Ledger account as a negative amount. And then enter the correct G/L account with a positive amount. (The net result should be zero)
If the A/P invoice has been paid, can’t change for this time. Notify the supplier about the mistake and correct the invoice that’s filed. Make adjustment for the next time.
6. Behaviour Questions 8: Can you work independently when required?
What does it mean to be independent?
·        Becoming self-aware, self-monitoring and self-correcting;
·        Knowing what you need to do;
·        Taking the initiative rather than waiting to be told what to do;
·        Doing what is asked to the best of your ability, without the need for external prodding, and working until the job is completed;
·        Learning to work at a pace that you can sustain;
·        Taking ownership of your mistakes without looking for excuses; and
·        Refusing to let self-doubt or negative emotions due to negative past experiences take you off course.
Highlight the working skills that help achieve independence.
·        Organizational skills. ...
·        Multitasking ability. ...
·        Discipline. ...
·        Communication skills. ...
·        Ability to compromise. ...
·        Flexibility. ...
·        Ability to deal with rejection and not to take it personally.
Different situations in the workplace may require independence while others will need the efforts of an entire team. However, you should take caution in exaggerating your abilities to work independently or in a group, as this may backfire.
7. Behaviour Questions 18: Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem.
The interviewer is likely looking for a general problem-solving orientation to your personality. For many jobs, the hiring manager is also looking for a proven track record in addressing the types of challenges that are common in the role.
Do prepare a few stories about your greatest problem-solving hits. Think of the most impressive challenges that you’ve overcome, the most creative approaches, the solutions that made the biggest difference for the organization. These can be job-specific problems or higher-level strategic issues.

6#
发表于 2018-11-28 14:00:02 | 只看该作者
1.        Tell me about your typical day?
(what you do on an average day in your current job).
In this question they may be testing whether you have a mundane job or something that has constant challenges -- and of course how you meet those challenges.
They may also watch out for attitudes and how enthusiastic you are about your work and how you view your fellow workers and your customers. Criticizing and blaming others will invariably count against you.
-They will also compare your answer with what you have said on your resum�/CV.
-Try to keep your answer realistic rather than describing a perfect situation. A real example of a recent day is more powerful than a generic 'typical' day. Include difficulties and how you overcome them. Show your enthusiasm and dedication. Show how you work well in a team of people. Show your leadership skills. Most of all, show the attributes that they are looking for!
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with. I got Roger to do a quick technical feasibility analysis whilst I went to see the Maria Jones, the Account Manager. She explained how important it was, so I reviewed the plan and found a way to get the change in without harming the critical path. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained how helpful it would be to the customer they got down to updating the specification and use cases. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. We'd got it done by three and, with Maria mucking in we got everything else back on track by the end of the day.

2.        How do you handle the situation when supplier chasing payments?
-Proactive communication with my creditors
-Be honest, decent and keep my dignity
-Compliance with the law
-Rediscuss about the payment-related considerations if needed (terms, schedule, applying interest surcharge? best interest for our companies- stop it if possible; if have to pay, as low as possible...)
-Focus on paying off small debts first and keep records
https://www.collectmore.com.au/t ... rs-chasing-payment/ “Top 5 ways to deal with suppliers and debt collectors chasing payment”  Paul Metcalf  December 7, 2015 Blog`

3.        What are your largest expenditures on your P/L?
For every business
-Wages & Salaries;
-Rent/mortgage;
-Equipment, utilities and office supplies ;
-COGS, advertising, travelling and entertainments.

4.        What is the payroll tax rate for NSW (or other state)?
NSW 5.45%, ACT 6.85%, NT 5.5%, QLD 4.75%
VIC 4.85% or 2.425% for regional employers,
SA 2.5% to 4.95% depending on wages paid for the full financial year,
TAS Initial threshold $1,250,000 (annually) Initial rate: 4%                       
$95.890 (28 day/m) $102,740 (30 day/m) $106,164 (31 day/m)
Subsequent threshold $2,000,000 (annually) Subsequent rate: 6.1%
$153,425 (28 day/m) $164,384 (30 day/m) $169,863 (31 day/m),
WA 5.5% - More than $850,000 but less than $7.5 million
5.5% - $7.5 million or more but not exceeding $100 million
Tier 4 rate* - More than $100 million but not exceeding $1.5 billion
Tier 5 rate* - More than $1.5 billion
5.        Do you reconcile your GST account before you start to prepare your BAS report?
Yes, I need to make sure the figure for GST Collected/paid on BAS match the corresponding amounts in the GST Summary report or the GST Collected/paid linked accounts (and get them reconciled as well), check the report filter and BASlink Setup.

6.        What management style you are most comfortable with?
What environments allow you to be especially effective? Emphasize your flexibility and your ability to work in many different types of environments. Your answer should not consist of a laundry list of requirements (private office, few interruptions, and so on) or the interviewer may conclude that you will be difficult to satisfy.
"Although I can work effectively in most environments, I prefer environments where people are their own bosses, within reason. I like to have a goal but be able to draw my own map to get there. To accomplish goals, I rely on asking questions and finding people receptive, so cooperation and access are important to me in a work group." https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/b ... s-part-4-abu-sayed/
Describe your ideal career. Talk about what you enjoy, skills that are natural to you, realistic problems or opportunities you'd expect in this particular job or industry, and what you hope to learn from those experiences. Avoid mentioning specific time frames or job titles.
"I'd like to stay in a field related to training no matter what happens. I was too interested in business to work at a university, but I believe that teaching is somehow in my blood. I've been good at sales because I took the time to educate my clients. Now I look forward to training the new hires."
Try to Strike a Balance
Between emphasizing your ability to work independently and your comfort with taking direction from a boss. You don't want to come across as needing either too much or too little supervision. Before you answer, think about the job you are interviewing for, and try to estimate how much management the employer will expect you to need. Use this to guide your answer.
Emphasize Your Adaptability
Sharing how you have thrived with a variety of supervisory styles in your past. Be prepared to give examples of how you have been productive with different types of bosses.
Consider the Qualities of a Manager
What qualities are attractive to you and which will also help the organization succeed.
Never, Under Any Circumstances, Should You Criticize a Past Supervisor
Your prospective employer will likely assume you are a difficult employee and side with your former employer. Even when an interviewer asks you to describe your least favorite boss, focus on how you were still successful in this environment, and emphasize what you look for in a manager, rather than the qualities you dislike.
Don't Get Too Carried Away With Your Answer
Don't imply that you have unrealistic expectations for some superhuman manager or that you will be too needy as an employee. Keep your answer brief.
In response to the question, “Describe your ideal boss”:
My ideal boss would encourage clear communication between herself and her employees. I believe communication – in person, as well as via phone and email – is critical to a successful relationship between an employer and employee.
https://www.thebalancecareers.co ... -ideal-boss-2063848  BY ALISON DOYLE  October 22, 2018

7.        Describe a situation in which you found a creative way to overcome an obstacle.
How do you regroup when things haven't gone as planned?
Describe a time when some obstacle forced you to change your original plan, but you were still able to achieve the desired result. Did you rally the support of others to make this happen? With hindsight, how might you have better predicted the obstacle?
"I start by trying to imagine the worst possible outcome; then I back up and identify precautions I can take to avoid that scenario. In this way I usually end up with a result close to the original goal. The training example I described earlier is proof of that skill."
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Nicole会计培训

GMT+10, 2024-4-25 15:13 , Processed in 0.057449 second(s), 19 queries .