Common question: 22-25

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2018-9-12 00:09:27 | 显示全部楼层
Technical Question:
36. Do you reconcile your GST account before you start to prepare your BAS report?
Yes. Because we need to use the GST paid and collected to caculate the tax in both cash and accural method.
37. When you process employee’s expense claim, how do you deal with missing receipts?
I am not sure what the employee's expense claim is.

Behaviour Question:
1. In three words, what is your strength that makes you stand out of other applicants?
Reliable, fast-learning, efficient
2. Give me an example from a previous job where you've shown initiative.
When I worked as AR, I need to call the client to collect money. Then I found one client's phone number and email were wrong. I aksed the sales man for help, but he also couldn't contact the client. To find the client, I searched the name and location on Twitter. Then I found several people, and I left a message to all of them. Fortunately, I received his reply that day, and I collected the money successfully.
3.  What are your biggest accomplishments?
When I was in charge of the payroll, I didn't miss any employee's payslip and updated the employees' information on time.

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2018-9-12 00:19:47 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 solarhands 于 2018-9-12 00:24 编辑

Steven

Technical question: 25

25. Do you know how to do calculation insideof Pivot Table?

Look at the pic 1& 2, firstly we dragthe amount in the calculation field, then right click the value setting, it providesmany of function including sum, average

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2018-9-12 00:21:01 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 solarhands 于 2018-9-12 00:44 编辑

Steven

Technical Question 26 -31

26. What is the payroll tax rate for NSW (or other state)?
For year 2018 to 2019, the payroll tax ratefor NSW is 5.45%, each state has their own tax rate, such as ACT whose tax rate is 6.85%

27. Do you have experience for FBT return? Which categories are involved when you do FBT return for your company? What is the type1’s and type2’s gross up rate for 2015
I dealt with FBT return in company including Car payment, meal payment; type 1 is 2.0802 and type 2 is 1.8868 (2015 gross rate)

28   When you export source data from your accounting system, how do you deal with cell containing non-number characters?

(Not sure the answer)
Divide the number and non-number into twocolumn, column 1: number, column 2: non-number character

29   What is the clearing account?  Such as payroll clearing, cheque clearing, credit card clearing account?
A clearing account is usually a temporary account containing costs or amounts that are to be transferred to another account.

30   How do you do your bank reconciliation?
1.     Ask my manager to get access to the bankst atement
2.     Check if the calculated statement balance match the bank opening balance
3.     Enter the last bank statement balance into the new statement balance in myob
4.     Check if each transaction information is correct and calculated balance match the bank statement balance
5.     Manually enter interest fee and bank charged
6.     Before reconcile, make sure the out of balance is zero

31   How do you reconcile your credit card account?

The same process as bank reconciliation

Common questions

Behaviour Question 22 - 25
22.   What’s the most innovative new idea that you have implemented?
When I do the cash flow, sometimes when the original file was deleted, my cash flow statement data was missed either, I need to address the issue,
Finally, I will use excel function to transfer the formula tonumber only,
so I can remain my data in the cash flow

23 Describe a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures

I found my previous company has a bad filing habit where different company documents were filed in one file,
  I needed to find a solution to make it easy for reviewing and locate files when it is necessary
  I talked to my manager and get approve to buy other files to file each company separately
  It suits for finding files like remittance advice, and I get compliment for my manager

23.  Please describe a time when you faced a significant obstacle to succeeding with an important work project or activity.

When I was doing the volunteer in the university open day, and guding tours in the open day, I found a boy was lost contact with his families
I needed to help him to find his families when there are a large volume of people visiting my uni today
I talked to my supervisor immediately and get the permission to use the uni broadcast helping the boy to find his family
Finally the family contact after they listened, I got compliment from the boy's family

24.   What’s your greatest professional failure?

I got a time find I processed wrong payroll to a staff and already paid to the employee
I need to do adjustment and let the employee know the issue
I firstly kind to talk to employee and say apologise, and tell them I will make adjust for his next payment
I adjusted in the next payment, and to avoid the mistake again, I will double check payment information before I record payroll

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2018-9-12 03:18:22 | 显示全部楼层
Common questions
1. Right now,I am a current student studying master of accounting in Anu,but I have once an internship experience in China in the accounting firm.Besides,I have been trained in Nicole accounting training program for 2 months and can basically process all the daily accounting activity.
2. I win my accounting bachelor degree in China and will have my accounting Master degree from ANU in 2019. I have internship experience and accounting training program experience. I am familiar with the MYOB and Microsoft office software。I am a sociable person and a good team player,hope to join in your big company family.
3. In my last internship work experience, I am responsible to record the receivable invoice and reconciliation customer’s statement with their payment records. At first, I thought it was quite an easy job, but it just needs to record the data into the system and compare the information but after I really try to do it on my own, I  found out it was not an easy job because there are so many small details you need to pay attention, it's so annoying. Finally,after my hard practice,I can do much faster compared with the first beginning,I am able to handle around 60 receivable invoices now.
4. Well, During the day I work for the accounting frim,I usually get up at 7 am and arrive at the company at 9 am. then I will plan my daily task and ask for my manager to see if there is any new task I need to handle。After that,I will begin to deal with my daily task and  may drink some coffee to refresh myself. we can have 2 hours lunch break in the noon. I may have my lunch with my colleagues. After the break, I may continue the remaining task and check with my manager with the new task. If there isn't any new task, I may ask my colleague to see if there is anything that I can help with. In the end, I will write the work diaries before I am off duty
5. Because I want to learn something new from your company, I want to use my accounting knowledge in the real situation and make me more an more faster to process the accounting daily activity.
6. I am familiar with most of the job duty you listed in the advertisement and I am sure I can learn something new from your company.
Technical question:
32. I wil create a credit for the overpaid amount if my customer overpay me and create a debit for the overpaid amount if I overpaid my supplier
33.need to reverse purchase and select the reversal and receive fund.
34.don't need to change anything?
35.reverse it and tell the supplier/customer and make the new correct one
4. miswrite several numbers in a record and I Spent nearly 6 hours to find it.
5.Firstly, I will show my understanding of him. Secondly, I will show him the evidence that why I recommend that thing. Thirdly, show him what will happen if he did not listen to my advice.
6.my arrogancy,i may prepare not enough but I think I am good enough. my arrogance may influence my attitude

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
发表于 2018-9-12 03:27:58 | 显示全部楼层
1.        How do you reconcile the supplier statement?
I will open accounts payable ledger to compare it with the statement, credit note, invoice or other source documents. Firstly, I will make sure the opening balance between the supplier statement and my supplier ledger equal. Then, I will mark a tick to each matched items to eliminate them from the reconciliation process. After that, I collect credit notes and allocate them to invoices or refunds received as required. Finally, I will analyse the remaining items that has not been eliminated, which may indicate timing difference between our accounts payable recording and suppliers’ statements, or possible errors , or omissions.
2.        How do you do the coding? Asset, expense and prepayment
In Myob, I open accounts list at accounts model, and then hit “new” to open a window to create account of asset, expense or prepayment. Prepayment is one type of asset, and assets’ code begins with “1”. Expense’s codes begin with 6. I will give the new asset or expense account  the code that is close to its similar account.
3.        How do you correct a supplier invoice incorrectly entered?
If the supplier invoice hasn’t been paid out, then I will immediately correct it before it has been paid. If the supplier invoice has been paid, then I record another supplier invoice when the payment is more than its correct amount instead of asking refund from the supplier so as to maintain good relationship with the supplier. However, when I paid less than the correct bill, then I create a second record of additional amount of the invoice, and pay the extra money to the supplier.  
If the error is that I incorrectly recorded a invoice to a wrong supplier, then I will hit “enter purchase” and create a debit note with a blank amount for the supplier. After that, I locate and open this transaction and hit “edit” at the top and hit “reverse the transaction”, which records the money received from this supplier who I had sent the payment wrongly. At this moment, I can record the invoice to the correct supplier and the payment to the correct supplier as normal.

4.        How do you handle credit note from supplier?
When I receive credit note from supplier, which means the money owed by me is reduced, I will record the credit note at “enter purchase” of purchase module.  Then, I enter the credit note number, date and description in the newly opened window, and debit account “credit from suppliers”, which is an expense account, and then I put in a negative number to this account. After that, I hit “pay bills” and enter this supplier, and in the window newly opened, I will apply this credit note to debit purchased from this supplier or open register to receive refund from the supplier.

5.        What are the policies and guidelines on AP in your current company?
In my current company, the AP policies and guidelines are:
First, quotation and purchase order are created by sales department, when getting the manager’s approval, AP created a purchase bill and record it into the accounting software. After the products has been received and matched via the delivery note by the department accepting the products, AP received a sales invoice. AP will enter the invoice into the system and checked the discount policy and decide which day to pay the amount to take the maximum discount. On the date determined before, AP will record “pay bill” in MYOB and pays the bill to AR of supplier.
6.        How do you handle the situation when supplier chasing payments?
Firstly, I will make sure every invoice received from the supplier will be paid in time and their discount policy set in the invoice has been utilised by my organization. Secondly, if the supplier chases payments, I will friendly have a chat with them, and tell them our organization values credit reputation to assure their concerns about our payment on time. Under the most undesirable circumstance when my organization doesn’t have enough cash to pay bills, I will prioritize payments that are due and urgent, or related to electricity and water such necessary daily expense, or from governments’ bill.

7.        What is your company/s collection process?
In my company, before setting a customer to be able to pay later than the service or product provided,  the customer’s credit class will be checked. The Credit  Application Form will be filled by the potential customer, and AR will check reference for the credit history by the customer. Once getting the manager’s approval, the confirmed letter will be sent to the customer and the sales to set up the customer credit account.

After the customer buys our service or product, I record his purchase. Then on the first day of each week, I will send an email to remind him friendlily that he needs to pay us. One day before the due date, I will send a message to his phone to remind him friendly and inform that if the payment is after the due date, an interest rate will apply. After the due date, I will call his number and ask whether he faces any financial difficulties and whether I can offer help. During the phone call, I should still remain friendly but firm attitude. If he doesn’t receive my phone call, I will look for his address to talk to him face to face. If he really has money issues so he cannot pay, or he answers that “if my client pays me then I will pay you”, I will suggest payments divided into a few periods so he can accept it. If the customer goes bankrupt, then I will ask my manager and after the manager’s approval, I will debit bad debt expense and credit allowance for doubtful debt. I will search legal help to get payment from the customer as the last resort. Eventually if I still can’t get paid, I will debit allowance for doubtful debt and credit the account receivable after my manager’s approval.

8.        How do you follow up payments on overdue invoices?
The same as the last question:
After the due date, I will call his number and ask whether he faces any financial difficulties and whether I can offer help. During the phone call, I should still remain friendly but firm attitude. If he doesn’t receive my phone call, I will look for his address to talk to him face to face. If he really has money issues so he cannot pay, or he answers that “if my client pays me then I will pay you”, I will suggest payments divided into a few periods so he can accept it. If the customer goes bankrupt, then I will ask my manager and after the manager’s approval, I will debit bad debt expense and credit allowance for doubtful debt. I will search legal help to get payment from the customer as the last resort. Eventually if I still can’t get paid, I will debit allowance for doubtful debt and credit the account receivable after my manager’s approval.

Behaviour questions

1.        Which one you will feel more comfortable, in a team or work alone?
I feel more comfortable when I work alone, but I am also a good team player. In my previous job, when there are a large volumn of invoice to record, in order to be efficient, I tend to work alone, and working alone enables me to be focused on checking any possible discrepancies between invoice and order or between statement and invoice. However, I take pride in my team work capability. Working in a group ignite new ideas and helps each individuals to consider more comprehensively.  I believe that if we want to walk quickly, we need to walk alone; but if we want to walk further, we need to walk together. Thus, I know the significance of working in a team, and in my job my colleagues and I appreciate each other’s team spirit, without which the team goal can never be achieved.
(example?)
2.        Can you work independently when required?
Yes. I can work independently when required. In my previous job during reconciliation stage, working alone focused on calculating totals and checking any possible discrepancies is a routine duty for me. When I face challenges, I firstly will seek help from my past notes or do research online, trying my best to figure out the way to solve the problem. My previous manager didn’t need to worry about supervising me as his additional work. He is a result-oriented person and the outcome I fulfilled has said it all to him that I am capable to work alone to do the task allocated to me, such as processing AP, AR and payroll, together with reconciling bank account.

3.        What management style you are most comfortable with?
I am most comfortable with a result-oriented and fair management style. Ideally, the management set a strategy, direction and the expected outcome for the team to achieved, then the management allocate the work fairly and set a timeline regarding the different stages of the project. I will set smaller timeline related to my own work, and I know that my part of work may affect others’ part of work so I will strictly follow my schedule and never lag behind the set time line.

4.        The successful candidate must possess the ability to meet working deadlines. How do you rate yourself in meeting deadlines?
I am good at time management and working under pressure. When I received a task, I set a detailed timeline of various stages to help achieve the work.  I will have a daily “to do list” and weekly schedule for what has to be done. Because of this, I rate myself 8 out of 10 to meet the deadline. I never miss deadline in any project and if necessary, I am much willing to work overtime to get the job done.

5.        How do you prioritise your job?
I prioritise team job over my individual job. Because my part of work may be more likely to affect others’ processing of their work in a team project, so I always finish my task of a team project first before I go about my individual task.
Besides, I will set a schedule about urgent and important tasks, urgent but not important tasks, important but not urgent tasks and not important and not urgent tasks, and follow the importance and urgency degrees of my duties to do my job.

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
发表于 2018-9-12 07:25:50 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Jerrie 于 2018-9-12 13:14 编辑

technical
9.        How do you handle the situation that you do not have sufficient or incomplete information from remittance advices?

This happens when invoices of a supplier are paid with an outgoing payment (cheque, EFT, CC, BP), the system automatically creates one remittance advice which is not sufficient to represent the explanations on the individual invoices.

As supplier, I am responsible to match remittance advices to corresponding open orders and follow up the payment.

I would contact customer’s accountant asking for an Email briefly explaining the remittance advice’s corresponding invoices.  

10.        How do you handle a customer complaint about an incorrect invoice?
I will listen carefully to the complaint and double check the problems based on information in my system and previous email with sales.
If it is wrong because of operation errors, I apologize to customer and recreate a new invoice.
If it is correct, the conflict might exist in the agreement between customer and sales. I would talk with corresponding sales person figuring out the problem.

11.        What is your company’s procedure on billing/invoicing?
Billing
My company needs to pay book binding factory for binding newspapers, the procedure as follows:
checking the goods and calculating precisely,
asking supplier to provide invoice based on the actual number of goods I received,
entering the invoice into system,
writing cheque and asking for operation manager’s and financial manager’s signature,
closing the open invoice and printing remittance advice (2 coppies),
posting one remittance advice and cheque to supplier,
putting one list of goods I received, one remittance advice and invoice into filing cabinet.

Invoicing
Sales emails me business details or customers email me details, enter into system, print statement and send it to customer.

12.        How do you adjust an incorrect payroll payment (can be either overpayment or underpayment )?
If the payment has been sent out to employee, adjust it in the next payroll period. If the payment has not been sent, adjust it now in the system.

13.        How often do you submit your super payment/PAYG?
Company annual income >=20 million, super monthly
Company annual income <20 million, super quarterly

Annual PAYG withholding >1 million, PAYG weekly/fortnightly
25000<Annual PAYG withholding<1 million, PAYG monthly
Annual PAYG withholding<=25000, PAYG quarterly

14.        How often do you reconcile you bank account/GL account? How do you follow up the unreconciled items?
Monthly.
Understand the unreconciled items with details,
Check if they are reconciled in the next month,
If not reconciled for a long time, for example, half a year, problems might exist and need to contact corresponding person to solve it. For example, cheque lost during posting to supplier, we need to cancel the cheque by contacting bank and repost a new cheque.

15.        What are your largest balance sheet accounts?
As a customer, my largest accounts are account payable and wages payable.

16.        What are your largest expenditures on your P/L?
As a service company, wages and salary is the largest, Advertising & Marketing following.

behavioral
12. What motivates you in your work?
Achieving good results and professional recognition that motivates me.
For example, successfully contacting one newspaper office and get newspaperweekly or daily smoothly make me delightful.
13. What is your plan in next year and/or next 3(5) years?
ehhhhh

14. What new skills or capabilities have you developed recently?
I learnt thoroughly about operation of MYOB by attending Nicoleaccounting training.
Swim backward.

15. Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work.
When I was a procurement assistant, we need to book 800+ kinds of newspaper on post office’s system. Before I worked there, they did this work in one-bye-one manner. It is a huge amout of work. I found the procedure can be simplified by batch processing.I discussed my thought with my colleague and manager. One colleague thought it is more precious to do it one-by-one and mentioned about some mistakes happened before when they did batch processing. We discussed possible errors which gave me many ideas about what should I check and compare before and after the batch processing. Then they accepted my idea and it turned out it saved a lot of time every year. 16.        Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy manager/customer/colleague.
I met an unhappycustomer when I was a cruise attendant. She hurt her feet when stepping outship onto beach. She was angry because she thought the hurt happened becauseour company did not remind her to wear filppers insdead of sports shoes and shehad no choice but stepping onto the beach with bear feet then got hurt.
My duty is to makesure customers enjoying their travel and being happy. I provided first-aid immediately.I listened patiently to her complaint and expressed my sympathy to her hurt. Ipromised our staff would lift her on her way back to boat to avoid her would touchingocean water.
As a result, shefelt good with the injury and enjoyed the day. On way back, she even apologizedto me for her bad attitude.

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2018-9-12 12:36:22 | 显示全部楼层
1.        What is your month end procedure?
big companies: 27th  31st     roughly 10-15days
AP, AR, PAYEOLL, BANK
AP,AR:   no invoice we need to do accrual job,  AR, sales person get commission from invoice
Payroll :payroll tax reconciliation,entitlement reconciliation,
fix asset reconciliation。
Petty cash

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2018-9-12 12:38:35 | 显示全部楼层
How do you reconcile your fixed assets GL account with Sub Ledger account?

use original cost account and accumulated depreciation account in BS to reconcile the two accounts in FAR
use depreciation account in P/L to reconcile the accounts in FAR

If we pay employee on fortnightly basis, do we need to do accruals?  
Yes. Payroll process is an accrual based process. The first step is to make sure the setting of payroll for each employee is accurate. The when process the payroll, accumulate in a monthly frequency in my company.

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2018-9-12 12:41:59 | 显示全部楼层
What are we supposed to do if we have balance sitting in our suspense account?

A suspense account is an account in the general ledger that temporarily stores any transactions for which there is uncertainty about the account in which they should be recorded. Who make the unbalanced in this account,in our company’s procedure, they need to clear it by themselves 。normally we keep suspense account in 0 balance or over the period, we make sure it is cleared up

What are those Excel formulas you frequently use on daily work? Give some samples
SUMIF , VLOOKUP, PIVOT TABLE, CONDITION FORMAT

Do you know how to do calculation inside of Pivot Table?
In PivotTables, you can use summary functions in value fields to combine values from the underlying source data. If summary functions and custom calculations do not provide the results that you want, you can create your own formulas in calculated fields and calculated items. For example, you could add a calculated item with the formula for the sales commission, which could be different for each region. The PivotTable would then automatically include the commission in the subtotals and grand totals.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Nicole会计培训

GMT+10, 2024-3-28 21:41 , Processed in 0.075387 second(s), 21 queries .